Chicago Women in Architecture (CWA) is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit, volunteer-led membership organization that exists as a forum for women in Architecture and related professions. The primary goal of CWA is to advance the status of women in these profession by:
- [increasing] the visibility of women in architecture
- [guiding & encouraging] women to consider a career in architecture
- [establishing liaisons] with other professional organizations
- [networking] for job placement and career advancement
- [advocating] for issues of concern to women within the profession
Every year, CWA accomplishes these goals through planning educational, professional, and social networking events; supporting affinity lecture series with partners such as the Art and Design Society of the Art Institute of Chicago and Museum of Contemporary Art; and awarding the Chicago Women in Architecture Foundation Gertrude Lempp Kerbis Scholarship for students in their final year of undergraduate study. Our membership includes architects, designers, planners, engineers, educators, landscape architects, students, and many other professionals whose careers parallel the field of architecture.